The Hypnobabies Home Study Program
If you are unable to attend a live class, I highly recommend the Hypnobabies Home Study Course.
The Self-Study program was created by Hypnobabies to accommodate those who are unable to take a live class for whatever reason (maybe there are location issues, perhaps a group class doesn't work for you/your schedule or even the group you'd like to register for is full for example). The success (& satisfaction) rate of this program is very high.
Click here for a comparison of the differences of the Home Study vs the Live Class option.
Click here for more information about the self-study option.
The Home Study Advantage Session
Many Home Study families choose to supplement their self-guided experience by scheduling a private, one-on-one session - typically booked once they've finished the self-study course.
"We were unable to take a live class because Jenn's group classes were full. The private session was the perfect add-on to complete our Hypnobabies self-directed training."
- H.A. Burbaby, BC
Click here to read more.
Wondering When to Start?
The self-study program takes at least 5 weeks to complete (working through the material and learning/practicing the hypnosis techniques). It is advised that you give yourself a few weeks in the maintenance program so the official recommendation is to start by/before 32 weeks. Some people (busy moms to multiple children for example!) choose to start sooner and work through each week of the program over a longer period, spending 1.5 or even 2 weeks per 'class'.
Ready to order?
Click here if you're ready to order (& search for "Home Study")!
* Using this affiliate link will give Jenn a referral credit for your purchase.
FAQ: Should I take a Hypnobabies class or do the home study course?
A) Our Hypnobabies Home Study Course for Expectant Mothers is being used with great success by mothers all over the world right now, and it contains the same basic curriculum, hypnosis scripts and cues, but we suggest that anyone who is near a Hypnobabies Instructor take our Hypnobabies Class with a Certified Hypnobabies Instructor (HCHI certified). The benefits of attending a Hypnobabies Class include:
- More detailed information on every subject.
- Your questions answered by our instructors who are knowledgeable about childbirth, and trained in hypnosis.
- Additional handouts.
- 5 Hypnobabies scripts in a booklet for use in daily Hypnobabies practice.
- Demonstrations of all Hypnobabies hypnosis techniques.
- Depth assessment of each student’s hypnosis levels by the
- Hypnobabies instructor.
- Phone consultations with your Hypnobabies Instructor.
- Prenatal exercise demonstration and practice.
- Hands-on training for Birth Partners, who receive a “Birth Partner’s Guide” booklet for use during birthing, and the Birth Partner’s “Relax & Feel Confident” hypnosis audio track.
- In-depth explanations, demonstrations and practice of the “Abdominal Lift & Tuck” to avoid back labor and to encourage a posterior baby to turn.
- Optimal Fetal Positioning explanations and demonstrations to prevent posterior presentation.
- A Birth Rehearsal in Class # 6, which is invaluable for helping each Hypno-Mom fully understand and experience their Hypnobabies techniques in a simulated birthing scenario; complete with Birth Balls, changing positions, walking etc. The Birth Rehearsal is also great practice for the Birth Partner to use his deepening cues and other techniques that help the mom so wonderfully during labor. This helps build the confidence level of Mom and the Birth Partner tremendously.
- Information about postpartum care, new baby care, breastfeeding, bonding and more.
And……from our former VP of Hypnobabies (now retired), Carole Thorpe:
“I would add FUN!!! A lot of kidding and just plain silliness happens in my Hypnobabies classes. Camaraderie is not to be underestimated. Generally, I have noticed that some of the birth partners show up to Class One and exhibit the body language/attitude of "OHMIGOSH!...what has my wife gotten me into now?!" The classroom setting with other couples helps them to see that they are not alone in this "different" way to help their wife have their baby. It is helpful to hypno-dads/birth partners to see that Hypnobabies can be beautiful and effective, and also enjoyable.”
Personally, I (Jenn) couldn't agree more!
We have lots of laughs in my classes and I always encourage my students to exchange contact information which leads to lasting friendships. I always welcome my students to 'my family' - I love staying in touch with the families who take my classes and hold regular annual events. The birth of your baby is such a special event and deserves to have as much celebration involved as possible!